Smart city specialist reveals launch of revitalised website that supports IoT Platform
SOWERBY BRIDGE, UK: Lucy Zodion Ltd, market leader in the development of street lighting infrastructure and smart city solutions, is pleased to introduce its upgraded Ki. website. The site supports the specialist’s interoperable smart city platform (Ki.) that generates actionable insights and enhances asset management.
Introducing the refreshed website
The introduction of the refreshed site means that smart city specialists can gain insight into the core capabilities of the Ki. Internet of Things (IoT) Platform. Loaded with resources, demos and further information about the Ki. open ecosystem, the website reveals the true benefits of the solution that gives civic leaders the freedom to take control of how their smart city is built.
The site (Ki.community) has been enhanced to optimise user experience with a whole host of new and improved features that mirror the IoT platform itself. Features include:
· A ‘KnowHow’ page has been introduced to the site, which acts as a resource hub. From technical datasheets to whitepapers, the page will host a wide range of information about both Ki. and the smart city industry as a whole; giving users in-depth insights.
· The ‘Platforms’ page gives users information about the interfaces available within the Ki. ecosystem, with interactive demos that highlight key features of each.
· The refreshed site also provides a series of videos and media to evaluate the core features of the site, on the ‘Features’ page. From bespoke lighting profiles to effective data analysis, the platform’s fundamental features are communicated with engaging real-world examples.
What is Ki.?
Ki. (Pronounced ‘key’) unlocks opportunities for urban spaces, helping them to become more pro-active in their journey towards smarter and more responsive city development. From the fundamental function of street lighting control, to the management of additional sensor networks, Ki. holds the answer to help energise future communities.
Communicating via an open, wireless ecosystem of enabling hardware and IoT software, enhanced by LoRaWAN™, Ki. helps to improve municipal efficiencies and enhance the lives of citizens by offering instant insights into the performance of urban assets.
As the impetus of energy efficiency and data management grows, the connected lamppost has been realised as an integral factor for smarter, more responsive cities. This, alongside the integration of IoT, means streetlights are pivotal features throughout urban areas, both now and in the future, which can provide citizens and councils alike with enhanced and more intuitive services. Lucy Zodion’s Ki. solution facilitates this.
Enhance lighting infrastructure with Ki.
Ki. enhances street lighting infrastructure to provide key insights into how a city is (or should be) behaving, with a series of connected hardware devices that work within an open ecosystem throughout the city. Scalable to meet unique urban requirements, Ki. is interoperable; connecting streetlights and communicating the unique data they generate via a LoRaWAN™ enabled wireless network. The Ki. Platform then translates this data to provide insights at a glance.
Stored via a cloud-based system and accessible via an interactive dashboard, users can assess a number of smart city variables on the Ki. Platform, enabling them to monitor and evaluate performance based on the unique challenges of their city.
The benefits Ki. provides are:
- Generation of actionable Insights – Giving users the capacity to gain deep and valuable understanding of their smart city applications, Ki. assesses cause & effect by monitoring and evaluating asset performance and the impact this might have on communities (cities and their citizens).
- Performance evaluation and analysis – Using performance analysis tools that can be integrated with existing systems, Ki. gives users the ability to interrogate various data sets via a central repository thanks to the cloud and intuitive interface.
- Asset control and monitoring – Ki. gives users the capability to control and monitor asset performance across multiple connected points. Services include:
– Energy consumption
– Preventative maintenance
– Fault diagnosis
Lucy Zodion is confident that its revitalised website will help civic leaders make more informed decisions, when considering a technology partner to build their smart city. And, with a high quality Platform that has abundant features and unique benefits, they can make cities brighter; not only by way of illumination, but via the valuable urban insights Ki. is able to unlock.
The website will be live as of 2nd April 2019, those interested in exploring the site are encouraged to visit Ki.community